I was reading an article my colleague Barbara Hemphill wrote on Asking for Help. Many times we struggle with things unnecessarily, feeling sorry for ourselves,fail to be as productive as we could be, and miss out on a lot of fun, simply because we fail to ask for help.
Here are 9 common reasons we fail to ask for help:
1. We think we should be able to do it ourselves.
2. We think we can do it better than anyone else.
3. We think it would take too long to explain what we need.
4. We're not exactly sure what to ask for.
5. We're not sure who to ask.
6. We're not sure how to ask.
7. We're not organized enough to ask.
8. We don't want to inconvenience someone else.
9. We don't want to pay for help.
If you are drowning in paper, clutter or sidetracked by lack of systems, or overwhelmed by commitment, Please ask for help.
Asking for help is not a sign of weakness- it is a sign of wisdom.
Thank you Barbara for sharing this with me and my clients.